Gone are the days of relying on a courier service to deliver video content at Major League Soccer. As the league kicks off its 19th season with a slate of seven games on Saturday, MLS is unveiling an entirely new video transmission workflow designed to connect all 18 of its venues and its home office […]
Sotiris Salamouris, head of engineering and technical operations, Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS), is still hard at work even as the Games fade away after the Closing Ceremony. The Paralympics are still to be held, beginning today, and, of course, there is plenty of equipment to break down and ship out of Russia.
For the third straight year, The Studio – B&H and its New York City-based Studio Technology Center served as host for portions of the voting process of the annual Sports Emmys.
It is inevitable that the amount of RF spectrum available to audio professionals will be significantly reduced as a result of the FCC’s proposed Broadcast Television Spectrum Incentive Auction of the 600 MHz band and the consequent repacking of the UHF spectrum. Following closely on the heels of the FCC’s 700 MHz band auction in […]
Each year, the NAB Show in Las Vegas provides a showcase for the latest crop of cutting-edge video-production technologies and sports-production workflows that will soon make their way into remote-production compounds and broadcast centers around the world. In an effort to help you sift through all the white noise at the show, the Sports Video […]
More Headlines• SportsPost:NY: RadicalMedia Bucks Trend, Goes All in With Final Cut Pro X
• ESPN Goes Point-of-View with Pivothead For Wichita State’s Perfect Season Clincher
• Notre Dame’s Fighting Irish Digital Media Adds Second Control Room, Expands Fiber Infrastructure
• DRS Provides Innovative Solutions for Every Trailer Delivered
• Venue News: Texas A&M Plans NCAA’s Biggest Video Board; Bank of America Stadium Upgrades Underway
• Gerling and Associates, Broadcast Sports Inc., Hitachi Renew with SVG
• MWC 2014: Big Data, Wearables in the Spotlight at the Mobile Show’s Largest-Ever Edition
• NBC Sports Group Reflects on Successful NHL Stadium Series
• HBO Boxing Has Noise on the Ropes With Networked Fiber Audio Transport
• SportsPOST:NY: Industry Execs Encourage Cloud Collaboration To Boost Efficiency