ChyronHego and Fraunhofer IIS have signed a new licensing agreement whereby ChyronHegoo will bring Fraunhofer’s GoalRef system, a Goal-Line Technology (GLT) solution for measuring whether a goal has been scored or not, to market.
With the potential to achieve twice the compression efficiency as today’s H.264/MPEG-4 AVC scheme, High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) promises to be a true game-changer for video delivery. From its impact on contribution and backhaul to OTT and LTE delivery to the rise of 4K/Ultra HD and even 8K content, HEVC has the industry abuzz.
Opening day of the 2014 SVG Summit (Dec. 15-16) at the New York Hilton will once again take an in-depth look at the latest developments in remote production from owner/operator, broadcaster, and technology perspectives.
Though not particularly passionate about sports, Bob Dixon changed the way the world hears them on television.
Earlier this month, Vizrt revealed that it will go private after being acquired by Scandinavian private-equity firm Nordic Capital. Under terms of the deal, the Nordic Capital Fund VIII will pay a cash consideration of 37 Norwegian krone per Vizrt share for 100% of the company’s issued shares, a 32% premium that values the graphics/automation/analysis/asset-management–tech […]
More Headlines• SVG Venue Initiative To Explore Broadcast-Venue Connection at SVG Summit
• Listen to Audio Recordings of Every Panel From SVG’s Sports Venue Technology Summit
• SVG’s Latest Venue Tech Journal Now Available for Download
• DIRECTV, AT&T Launch ROOT Sports Southwest on the Fly in Houston
• TranSPORT: Consumer Demand Drives Streaming Platforms, Format Adoption
• Ramping Up for Primetime: 4K Makes a Smart Entry Into Sports Production
• TSL Products Streamlines Sports Workflows With Digital Broadcast System
• FOR-A, Sportvision, EEG Renew SVG Sponsorships
• ATSC 3.0 Ready for its Close-Up
• LiveTV:LA Tackles Live Theater Broadcasts
>> More Headlines