Coax will still play a role in the world of 4K and 12 GHz as Steve Lampen, Belden, multimedia technology manager, laid out plans for a 12 GHz single link coaxial cable that the company plans on introducing in the first quarter of 2015.
With the latest edition of NeuLion’s live streaming show, Digital Dudes, dropping hte puck on Thursday, Oct. 23 at 1 p.m. ET, SVG took the opporunity to sit down with the company’s EVP/Co-Founder Chris Wagner to discuss ‘Covering Hockey Anywhere.’ Hosted by Wagner this hockey-focused session will also feature David Purdy, SVP Content, Rogers; John Pacino, […]
One of the opportunities provided by the move to UHD is the ability to deliver more-realistic colors and imagery to viewers, but there is still plenty of work to be done to ensure that the promise becomes reality. Dr. Kenichiro Masaoka, of NHK’s Science and Technology Research Labs, discussed one possible solution at the SMPTE […]
When you tune into the World Series Game 2 on Fox Sports tonight, be prepared to listen closely, because Kauffman Stadium is wired for sound.
Object-based audio continues to gain interest as a next-generation format both in the movie theater and the home viewing environment. But it is often difficult for broadcasters to understand just what the implications are for not only their operations but also their viewers (and listeners). Robert Bleidt, general manager of Fraunhofer USA Digital Media Technologies, […]
More Headlines• SVG Venue Technology Summit: 4K Is First Step in Long Transition to Hi-Res Operations
• Sports Venue Technology Summit: IP-Based Tools, Hybrid Infrastructures Let Creatives Shine
• Anaheim Ducks Ink Long-Term Rights Extension with Fox Sports
• ABC Station Group President Rebecca Campbell Joins LiveTV:LA Line-Up
• Venue News: Orlando City Breaks Ground on New MLS Stadium; NFL Teams Redefine In-Venue Experience
• Seen on Screen: MLB Net Sets World Series Coverage; HBO Doc to Focus on Kevin Durant
• Sports Venue Technology Summit: Teams Entertain In-Stadium Fans With Exclusive Mobile Video Content
• Top-Rated Root Sports Pittsburgh Riding High With Penguins Coverage
• NLCS Sound Gets Creative Placement
• Headphones Play a Growing Part in the Sports-Audio Mix
>> More Headlines