The SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards celebrate the best in college sports-video production. As technology and techniques evolve, the ability to create high-quality video on any budget has proliferated significantly. At the SVG College Sports Summit in May, 16 productions from across the country were honored for their excellence and overall contribution to the industry. This summer, SVG […]
Content may be king, but content would be nothing without the ability to find it. That’s where media-asset–management (MAM) systems step in. At yesterday’s Sports Asset Management Forum, executives from leading MAM providers discussed their latest wares, and, unsurprisingly, the conversation centered largely on how their systems handled that all-important metadata.
Building an asset-management workflow from scratch is one of the most daunting undertakings in video production. For sports broadcasters, leagues, and multimedia-rights holders, a robust asset management is a necessary evil for preservation, but, when executed correctly, it can open doors to a wealth of monetization opportunities.
Audio-console manufacturers DiGiCo, Allen & Heath, and Calrec have jointly formed a “professional group” that will allow them to pool R&D capabilities while each remains a separate entity with its own customer relationships and brand identity. DiGiCo Managing Director James Gordon has been named group CEO. Electra Partners, a UK-based private-equity investment trust that owns […]
The highly anticipated and publicized launch of the SEC Network is imminent, but it has had an impact on the conference’s 14 member institutions, their respective video departments, and network partner ESPN for over a year. As part of SVG’s countdown to the SEC Network, we will take you inside the cases, faces, and places […]
More Headlines• Student-Run Telecasts, New Stadium Video Displays Highlight Durham Bulls’ Summer of Tech
• ESPN’s Pagano Looks Back at Three Decades of Innovation, Inspiration
• High-Speed Transfers, Automation Power BT Sport’s File-Based Workflows, Disaster Recovery
• SVG Sports Asset Management & Storage Q&A: Matt Stamos, Director of Technology, JB&A
• Imagine Communications Deploys Largest Collegiate IPTV System at UW
• Behind the Mic: NBC Adds Tim Howard to Premier League Coverage; Vin Scully Back for 66th Season With Dodgers
• NewTek Renews SVG Platinum Sponsorship
• Canadian Football League Downplays Onfield Audio
• MIRA Mobile, SportsNet LA Boost Dodgers Coverage With FUJINON 99X Lenses
• ESPN Enters Final Lap of NASCAR Sprint Cup Coverage With Brickyard 400
>>NAB 2014 More Headlines