As more venues boost their WiFi and DAS capabilities across professional and college sports, teams and leagues are beginning to implement new technologies to capitalize on those connected networks to drive revenue.
With the highest average household rating of any U.S.-based NHL team for five years running, the Pittsburgh Penguins are the gift that keeps on giving for local rightsholder Root Sports Pittsburgh. Helping maintain those ratings, the RSN provides a heavy dose of Root Sports’ signature flavor to its Penguins telecasts. From heavy use of a […]
Broadcast audio for the hard-fought National League Championship Series on Fox Sports ran up against as many challenges as the San Francisco Giants’ Game 2 bullpen. But, where Giants manager Bruce Bochy wasn’t able to fix his problems, the Fox Sports audio team found a way to take care of theirs.
While headsets get the glory with lots of camera time from the sidelines and monitor speakers generate the buzz in the backroom production environment (well, not literally, one hopes), basic headphones remain a stalwart component of the broadcast-audio signal chain.
TBS’ exclusive coverage of the American League throughout the 2014 MLB Postseason averaged 4,294,000 total viewers for 11 telecasts, Turner Sports’ most-viewed postseason coverage since 2010 and a 3% increase when compared with an average of 4,160,000 total viewers for 24 games in 2013. TBS also won the night across cable television six times during the […]
More Headlines• AES Show Notes: Broadcast Audio Gets Its Due
• SVG Sitdown: Sony’s Koichi Yamanaka Talks 4K World Cup, Future Roadmap
• Steve Bornstein and David Hill Keynote Conversation Highlight Upcoming SVG Summit, Dec. 16
• EVS on Hunt For New CEO as Joop Janssen, Board of Directors, Agree to End Term
• Sporting News Launches Research Program Delving into Digital Sports Viewership
• Fox Sports To Offer Advanced-Analytics Simulcast of NLCS Game 1
• Bellator, Reality Check Systems Hook MMA Fans With Social on Spike TV
• FCC Backs More Unlicensed Use of TV, 600 MHz Bands
• Ratings Roundup: NBC, Sportsnet Notch Best NHL Opening Night Ever; NLDS Continues Streak on FS1, MLB Net
• Encompass Digital Media, CoachComm, Dale Pro Audio Renew With SVG
>> More Headlines