The SVG Summit, Dec. 15-16 at the New York Hilton, has announced three General Sessions on the latest advances in sports-television production for baseball, basketball, and football. These Day Two panels will focus on the impact of recently introduced instant-replay programs on production workflows as well as other innovations that bring the TV fan closer […]
San Jose Sharks fans don’t even need to leave the comfort of their own couch to feel the bone-crushing impact of NHL hockey. At least that’s what Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and tech startup Guitammer are promising with a new broadcast technology that is certainly thinking outside the box for live sports production.
Sports is local. Sports is tribal. Sports is the original social network.
Drawing inspiration from its parent company, Fox Sports South recently unveiled a state-of-the-art production studio that rivals any on the national stage. Home to Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Hawks pre/postgame coverage — not to mention a wealth of college-football programming — Fox Sports South transformed its midtown-Atlanta location into one of the country’s most technologically […]
When it comes to broadcast versatility, few — if any — can match Chris Schenkel. A television stalwart for more than 40 years, he called football, basketball, golf, horseracing, boxing, bowling, and much more. And he did it while earning a reputation as one of the nicest guys in the business.
More Headlines• TranSPORT: HEVC Promises To Lead Live Sports-Content Delivery Into Next Stratosphere
• Remote-Production Advances To Be Discussed at SVG Summit
• Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame: Bob Dixon, an Olympian in Sound Design
• SVG Q&A: Vizrt CEO Burkhalter Discusses Privatization’s Impact on Sports-Production Biz
• 3D Intro at Center of Revitalized Fan Experience for New Jersey Devils
• Coming Full Circle, Digital Production Workflows Are Moving to Linear
• Hotel Deadline Extended for SVG Summit
• Evertz, Ross Video Re-Up With SVG
• SVG Releases New Section of Venue Initiative White Paper Dedicated to Wireless Device Management, Frequency Coordination
• SVG Venue Initiative To Explore Broadcast-Venue Connection at SVG Summit
>> More Headlines