SVG’s goal is simple: to bring the entire sports industry closer together so that it can more effectively share information about best practices and new technologies that impact the industry. Your SVG membership will enable you to benefit from our continued educational opportunities, valuable event discounts, as well as multiple print and online resources.
SVG MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Comp attendance to selected SVG Seminars and Events including the SVG Summit, College Sports Summit, and the SVG Pre-Game Party.
- SVG Sports Video Insider newsletter, providing valuable and timely information on new tools and techniques that improve the quality of sports production and the value of sports rights. If you are not a subscriber, join now.
- Twice-annual Sports Technology Journal, the engineering resource for sports production for HD, broadband and mobile devices.
- Annual Sports Mobile Production Yearbook, the annual directory of the new production vehicles and new developments in remote live event production; featuring the annual Gearbase Directory, an easy to use resource of who’s using what gear and what technology.
- Annual Access to our exclusive content on sportsvideo.org
- Access to SVG members-only content, including audio and videos of past events and webinars.
2014 EVENTS CALENDAR
(Feb 26, HBO Theater, NY)
SVG held the second-annual event at the Michael Fuchs Theater at HBO in New York, featuring leading postproduction execs, producers, editors, graphics professionals, and technology manufacturers discussing the industry’s latest tools, projects, and design philosophies. The team behind HBO Sports’ award-winning reality series 24/7 shared their favorite moments and discussed how their production and post workflows help them pull together each episode on time and on budget, delivered with the series’ signature style.
- NAB Pre‐Game Party
(Sunday, April 6, Ling Ling Club at Hakkasan Nightclub, Las Vegas, NV)
Presented by SVG sponsoring companies, this was a must-stop on everyone’s NAB itinerary, featuring SVG members, sponsors, and invited guests for a night of cocktails at one of Las Vegas’ premier night clubs, Hakkasan Nightclub at the MGM Grand.
- College Sports Summit
(May 28-29, Hyatt Hotel, Atlanta, GA)
Every year, more than 500 college sports video professionals and technology development leaders head to Atlanta for CSS and now is your chance to come and learn from and network with the smartest minds in the business.
- College Sports Media Awards
(May 28, Hyatt Hotel, Atlanta, GA)
Every year, since its inception, the College Sports Media Awards have recognized the best in class in the college sports production arena. As technology improves, the ability to create high quality video on any budget has proliferated significantly.In the previous 5 years, SVG has presented awards to those who have pushed the envelope and set a higher standard for all who are part of this industry.
(June 11, NY Hilton, NYC)
This year’s event featured the technologies and trends that will define the future of sports production.
- Sports Asset Management Forum
(July 31,McGraw Hill Building, NYC)
This one-day event will feature presentations by league and network executives designed to help you understand the best practices for asset management planning, metadata and logging, transcoding and content management. The event will dive into long-term archive solutions, disaster recovery and provide a technology update on storage and asset management systems.
- Sport Award Reception at IBC
(Sept. 13, RAI, Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Exclusive invitation to the biggest global sports technology social event of the year.
- Venue & Systems Integration Technology Summit
Learn about how venues can become more broadcast friendly and the latest developments in scoreboard video technology.
(Nov 7,Loews Hollywood Hotel, LA)
To address this dynamic and growing market, a new conference, LiveTV:LA, November 7, has been developed by three of the most respected media sources in television, Sports Video Group (SVG), TVNewsCheck, Variety,and Variety 411 in order to give technology providers unprecedented one-on-one access to the industry’s leading production companies and those executives who are at the forefront of today’s Live-TV-social-media revolution.
(November 11, New York, NY)
Get an inside look at the most innovative and efficient transmission techniques and technologies from sports industry leaders.
- SVG Summit
(Dec. 15-16, New York Hilton, NY)
Exclusive invitation to attend this annual forecast for sports production executives. With more than 1,000 attendees flooding the New York Hilton, the most successful SVG Summit to date was in 2013 highlighted by a book-ending of high-powered keynote speakers: Turner Broadcasting System President David Levy and CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus. For full press coverage of the entire SVG Summit visit here.
- Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame
(December 16, NY Hilton)
Eighth-annual industry reception honoring production excellence and those who helped define sports broadcasting.
MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS & FEES:
Please note that Memberships are only open to end-users of technology including TV networks, post-production facilities, sports leagues, team personnel and college and educational institutions.
Equipment manufacturers and service providers interested in becoming involved with SVG can click here or contact Rob Payne, director of SVG Sponsor Development at 212-481-8131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All membership applications are subject to approval and validation by the SVG staff. Andrew Lippe will contact you directly following your application to become an SVG member. Please select an option from below. If your membership is not approved, you will be refunded in full.
- Individual Membership: Apply for complimentary membership. Open to Broadcasters, TV Networks, Leagues, Pro Teams, Venues and New Media. Manufacturer/suppliers cannot apply.
- College/University Membership: $175
Includes one admission to College Sports Summit and complimentary admission to all other SVG events.
- Executive Membership: $375
- Company Membership: $1500 (Includes 10 memberships)