|Published: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:37 am|
ESPNsoccernet is launching a new mobile application to give fans access to its content wherever they are.
The app, which will initially launch in English, is available to download on Apple and later on Android, Windows Phone 7, and Symbian devices. With the latest news and information, it will offer fans the depth and quality of soccer coverage that the ESPNsoccernet website provides.
“ESPNsoccernet is already well established as a leading online football service and this new app will bring the best of the website straight to fans’ mobiles – wherever they are,” said Tom Gleeson, vice president, digital media, ESPN International. “Across the world, ESPN is building a growing stable of mobile services which help us connect fans to the sports they love. We are committed to providing fans, brands and partners with the best content possible, whether online, on mobile, or on television.”
The app joins ESPN’s range of mobile sporting content, including the ESPNF1 and ESPNcricinfo apps.
Key features of the new ESPNsoccernet application include:
· Personalization: Soccer fans can personalize the app by their favorite leagues, teams, and tournaments they want to follow. This makes it simple for fans to view all the scores from their favorite teams across leagues in a single window. Personalization also groups all news about the various teams a fan wants to follow. Fans can check scores and news from multiple leagues via simple switching off tabs.
· Exclusive Video & Audio: Access to ESPNsoccernet’s range of video and podcasts including ESPNsoccernet Press Pass podcast, plus, video content from ESPN’s studio-based discussion and analysis shows and other video content dependent on territory.
· Push Notification: Soccer fans get scores, half time, and full time result alerts delivered to their device screens.
· Comprehensive Soccer Coverage: The latest soccer news and features, as well as live scores, commentary, match stats, fixtures and results, league tables, player and club profiles. Major leagues from the UK, Europe and across the world will be covered, as well as international soccer and all major tournaments.
· Intuitive Design: The app has been built around the principle that soccer fans need to access scores and news very quickly. The app features a simple, clear interface that allows fans to switch quickly between multiple leagues and scores in a personalized area of the app.