The YES Network was nominated for 31 New York Emmy Awards.
YES, which celebrates the 10th anniversary of its launch on March 19, now has 266 Emmy nominations since its 2002 launch. YES’ excellence was recognized across a variety of categories, including live game production (both the Yankees and the Nets), features, on-air talent, its studio and magazine programming, promotions, and crafts such as graphics and editing.
YES earned four nominations for Yankeeography, the biographical series airing on YES which is produced in partnership with Major League Baseball Productions. Yankeeography has now earned 55 Emmy nominations since its premiere in 2002.
“These nominations are indicative of how the industry perceives our work, so we couldn’t be prouder,” said John J. Filippelli, president, production and programming, YES Network. “The diverse roster of YES nominees, such as our game telecasts, on-air talent, series programming and crafts, speaks volumes about the superb efforts of everyone involved here at YES.”
In less than 10 years since the network’s launch, YES has won a total of 55 Emmy Awards through last year’s competition. The 55rd annual New York Emmy Awards will be announced Sunday, April 1, in New York City.
The YES Network’s 2012 Emmy Award nominations:
- Live Sports Event: Series: New York Yankees Baseball 2011
- Live Sports Event: Series: Nets Basketball
- Live Sports Event: Program/Special: Yankees Baseball: Jeter’s 3,000th Hit –Tampa Bay @ New York
- Sports Programming: Program Feature/Segment: Yankees Pre-Game Show: David Robertson – Tuscaloosa
- Journalistic Enterprise: YES Network Features Unit
- Sports Programming: Special: Jeter 3,000
- Sports Programming: Regularly Scheduled Program: Melo-Drama Nets Pre-Game
- Sports Programming: Program Feature/Segment: Yankeeography: Joe Girardi Act 6
- Sports Programming: Regularly Scheduled Program: Yankeeography: Joe Girardi
- Research: Jim O’Hara – Yankeeography
- Community Service: Yankees Hope Week 2011 Composite
- Human Interest: Program Feature/Segment: Yankees Hope Week 2011 – Daniel’s Music Foundation
- Human Interest: Program/Special: Hope Week Remembered 2011
- Children: Yankees on Deck: Out of the Park – Composite
- Children: Yankees on Deck: Episode 11
- Interview/Discussion: CenterStage – Composite
- Business/Consumer: Program/Special: Forbes SportsMoney Series
- Sports Programming: Program Series: Inside Israeli Basketball 2011
- On-Camera Talent: Anchor – Sports: Bob Lorenz
- On-Camera Talent: Sports Analyst: John Flaherty
- On-Camera Talent: Sports Play-by-Play: Ian Eagle
- On-Camera Talent: Sports Analyst: Mike Fratello
- Director: News/Live to Tape: John Moore
- Director: News/Life to Tape: Jon Wilson
- Editor: Short Form: Brian Weber
- Editor: Short Form: Joseph Calo
- Promotion: Program Promo – Sports: Yankees 2011
- Technical Achievement: Ed Delaney, Michael Webb, Jack Kestenbaum
- Audio: John Gardner, Bill Ivie
- Graphics: News/Program: John Brueckner, Seth Weintraub, Daniel Guernsey, John Filippelli
- Graphics: Sports: Rick Deutschman, Jared Boshnack, Lance Becker, Gerry McKenna, Brian Spector, Mark Kazlauskas, Mfactor Inc.