|Published: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:33 am|
The American Athletic Conference announced the talent lineup for The American Digital Network women’s basketball package and unveiled the network’s new logo on Thursday.
Thirty regular-season women’s basketball games and eight Olympic sports championships will be produced and distributed live by The American Digital Network. The games will air on TheAmerican.org free of charge and fans will be able to follow their teams through a multitude of platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet.
The Digital Network begins live coverage on Saturday, Dec. 28 with a pair of games at Houston and USF. The Cougars play host to UCF at 3 p.m. ET and Rutgers travels to Tampa for a 7 p.m. ET matchup vs. USF. In addition to live game coverage, a weekly halftime show will be produced and aired from the conference studio in Providence, R.I.
The American has assembled an impressive roster of commentators for the Digital Network’s slate of live games.
Seasoned broadcaster Debbie Antonelli and industry veteran LaChina Robinson are among the names voicing the Network’s games, as well as WNBA veteran Sylvia Crawley Milbry, Bob Picozzi, Leah Secondo and versatile play-by-play broadcaster Bernie Guenther. Antonelli is one of the nation’s most revered basketball analysts and has broadcasted the WNBA since its inception in 1996. She votes on several national awards including the Naismith Player of the Year and State Farm Wade Trophy winner. In addition to her work with ESPN, Robinson serves as a studio analyst for NBA TV for its WNBA coverage and has interviewed some of the most influential figures in women’s basketball including Pat Summitt, Robin Roberts and Lisa Leslie.
The Digital Network’s halftime shows will provide highlights, features and interviews with coaches, players and administrators from around the league with analysis from John Rooke.
- Debbie Antonelli – 26+ years in the industry, has worked with ESPN, CBS, Fox Sports Net
- Jeff Brightwell – Broadcaster for University of Memphis Radio Network/Learfield Sports
- Tom Gelehrter – Voice of the Cincinnati Bearcats, has worked with ESPN and Fox Sports Net
- Bernie Guenther – Play-by-play broadcaster for FSN South
- Fran Harris – Multifaceted television personality, WNBA veteran, has worked with ESPN, Fox Sports Net
- Sylvia Crawley Milbry – Former Boston College head coach, WNBA veteran
- Elizabeth Lay – Former player, Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- Tara Petrolino – Television host, writer, has worked with ESPN, Fox College Sports, MSG Network
- Bob Picozzi – ESPN television and radio announcer
- LaChina Robinson – ESPN analyst, has worked with NBA TV, Fox Sports South, CSS
- John Rooke – Voice of the New England Patriots, has worked with ESPN Radio, NBC Sports
- Leah Secondo – Versatile play-by-play commentator/analyst, has worked with CBS College Sports, ESPNU
- Neil Solondz – Voice of the Tampa Bay Rays, has Big East and ACC radio play-by-play experience
- Matt Thomas – University of Houston radio play-by-play announcer, has 17 years of experience
The Digital Network’s video platform is hosted by SIDEARM Sports, the conference’s official website provider. The league has partnered with LiveU Sports to provide production and distribution for Network events. A complete list of women’s basketball Digital Network games can be found at TheAmerican.org.
2013-14 Women’s Basketball Digital Network Schedule